Sunday 19 December 2010

Manifesto for this Blog

This blog is my personal commentary on the work of Steve Pavlina and what it means to me.  I have a very different perspective on life to Steve and I think it is fair to say that I disagree with him most of the time about most issues he writes about.  I won't go into the details here, because that will become apparent when I write about specific topics and posts.

But this isn't a critical blog in any way.   It's main intention is to help me work out what Steve is talking about and how I can put the good bits to use.  But it might also be helpful for people who find the less rational side of Steve and the jargon he has created off putting.  Even if you are like me a hard headed rationalist I think there is a lot of value in what Steve Pavlina writes.  It is also fun to look at what he comes up with and trace it back to its origins in other people's work.  


I have been thinking about doing this for some time but was spurred on to do it by Steve's recent release of all the copyrights on his online output.   That is a pretty interesting move and it will be interesting to see how it turns out.  I have a feeling it will help make Steve even more successful than he already is.  That will certainly be something I am going to keep an eye on.  In any case, in the same spirit I am only too happy to allow anyone who feels inclined to use anything they find on this blog for any purpose that takes their fancy as well.   This is not anywhere near as generous a gesture as Steve's because I don't intend to do more than a couple of hours work a week on it.  At the moment there is one and only one article available.  But I hope I will be able to produce some interesting angles that will appeal to somebody somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment