Tuesday 30 August 2011

The Mini Tickler

The Mini Tickler - A personal organiser made out of business cards


I use a tickler file at work at keep the number of things I am giving attention to every day down to a manageable level.  Well actually I don't.  I am continually trying to use a tickler file to keep the number of items I am giving attention to down to a manageable level.  What I actually do is give myself daily proof that I don't have the willpower to keep them down to a manageable level.  Nonetheless, although I am not particularly happy about how well I use it, I do a much better job of keeping control of my workload with a tickler than I do without it.

I have a second portable one in the form of an A4 ring bound folder that covers my personal life.  This one doesn't work nearly so well, though it is still better than nothing.  The problem with it is that although it is portable it is nowhere near portable enough.  You also can't use it everywhere.  There are times when getting out an A4 folder simply isn't acceptable.  And it makes too much noise to use in bed when you partner is asleep.

So my solution is the mini tickler.  This is basically a small version of the tickle file made out of business cards. I use the box the business cards came in to house the tickler.  It is a little big to carry everywhere, but you can get it in your pocket if you have to.  I don't, at the moment, plan to carry it everywhere with me.  I currently plan to use it just once a day.  But I'll see how I get on with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment