Wednesday 31 August 2011

Using the Mini Tickler

I have been dabbling with the Mini Tickler for about a week, and now I need to make a conscious effort to incorporate it into my planning and organising system.  This sounds a lot more impressive than it really is because my planning and organising system is not necessarily the well oiled machine that the previous sentence makes it sound like.  But the Mini Tickler well hopefully fill one of the gaps that is letting it down.

Okay this is the plan.  Every day I will review the tasks, ideas and reminders that come up in the Mini Tickler.  I'll discard the ones that I have finished with.  File the ones I want to come back to in the Tickler.  The small number I intend to take action on I'll put together with a bulldog clip to put in my pocket.  I'll have another set of blank ones for taking notes on during the day.

The format is to put the goal or project in the bottom left hand corner and the context in the top right hand corner.  The context will allow me to pick out things I should be working on in a particular place.  Lets see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment