Thursday 24 November 2011

Calorie Counting

My aim is to lose weight slowly.  I have heard that losing weight quickly is itself a heath risk.  I haven't checked up on the details but it sounds like common sense and in any case I regard this as not a crisis but as a situation I am happy to change gradually.

My target weight loss is only three quarters of an ounce per week so there is no rush.   I can try different approaches and strategies until I hit on the approach that works.

My first trial is calorie counting.  This has a poor reputation for efficacy but I will give it a go.  If nothing else it will be an education to find out the calorific values of different foods.  I have to start somewhere so my first target will be 2,300 calories per day and see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment