Thursday 24 November 2011

Overweight

To my surprise I find myself overweight.  Weight has never been a big issue for me.  I've always been able to pretty much eat what I feel like without really feeling any particular effect.  However, the death of coworker who was the same age as me - I am 51 - made me consider how I was looking after my body.  I decided to do pretty much the bare minimum health check which was to stand on the bathroom scales.  This was sobering.  With clothes on I was 14 stone 7 lbs.  I was incredulous enough to check the next day on the scales in Boots.  (Buying a packet of crisps to get the right money to put in the slot.  I really am in denial that I have a problem aren't I?)

This confirmed my worst fears.  My BMI is now 28 making me officially overweight - I think for the first time in my life.

Okay, this is unacceptable so I need a plan. 

First of all l need an objective.  12 stone 9 lbs will put me comfortably back in the healthy range, about half way between the centre and the top of the range.

I will monitior my weight daily from now on, and I have set a target every week for the next 30 weeks on my calendar.  How I am actually going to achieve that target I will work out as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment