Sunday 18 March 2012

Learning To Become An Expert Typist Update 1


I am trying to remember to consciously work on my typing speed.  A great tool to do this is a programme called Write Or Die.  (That link is worth following just for the hilarious tagline.) This enables you to set a goal for a piece of writing in terms of both time and number of words.

So for my post on What Is The Best Way To Live Your Life I set a goal of 500 words in 15 minutes.  When it got to 15 minutes I had only reached 467 words, so I new I wasn't yet at my desired typing speed.  This works out at 32 wpm which is no real improvement on my score of 33 wpm when I first started a few days ago (see my post on how to become an expert typist).

I wasn't really expecting much in the way of improvement so quickly, but it has had the side effect of getting a lot more blog posts out on my other blogs. It is good to do an experiment which has some immediate benefits even if those aren't the benefits you are actually looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment