Saturday 9 April 2016

Why Do I Always Leave Things To The Last Moment?



I have 5 minutes to kill right now because I have scheduled my time exceptionally well for this afternoon.  I had some work to get done, and have got it done.  This enabled me to study form for the Grand National and make my investments.  I fancied watching it with my son, and have got him to pick a horse too. And I got some tins of beer in, so I have something to drink while I am watching it.


I worked all this back from the start time for the race.  I allowed a little more time for everything in the sequence of events, so here I am able to slip in a very quick blog post.

The question is why I don't live like this more.  I am generally rushing about at the last minute in a state of panic because I haven't done what I need to do.  The biggest cause of this is putting off stuff I find either boring or I am resisting and instead doing much less valuable activities instead. I am great at stuff like downloading pictures I might need in the future and writing lists of books I am going to read.  Much less so at doing the stuff that enhances my life.

Why this should be so is something I really need to investigate.

No comments:

Post a Comment