Saturday 19 April 2014

Make Planning Mean Planning


I have never been very good at planning, and as a consequence have never really wanted to do it and I put it off continually.  When I do do it I find that I am very prone to actually doing work rather than planning work.

It is so tempting to just do stuff. After all if I could just get everything done I would have some time free to do some planning.  That is what my inner voice tells me.


So the first thing I must do is get focused.  Set aside time to plan and actually use it to plan and nothing else.  I am sure there is a lot of art to planning and that if I can master the skill I can save myself a lot of time and mental anguish.  But I have to be  realistic about where I am.   My first objective is very simple.  I need to spend at least 30 minutes and preferably 1 hour a day planning.  And I have to use that time to actually plan. And the first objective of that planning is simply to make sure I know what it is I have to do next.

I can work out the details as I go along.


photo credit: Sunshine Lady ! via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment