Monday 24 August 2015

Giving Up Social Media Diary Day 19

I am missing Twitter horribly, but I think I have established a healthy relationship with Facebook.  I can visit it once a day for a few minutes without getting distracted by it.  But then I never liked Facebook much in the first place.

Here's the thing though.  I got up yesterday with an idea for some writing that would make a good blog post.  But I didn't follow through on it because I had other things to do that were higher priority.  But I did get involved in making a comment on a blog.  This was a breach of my no social media regime.  And once I had started I found myself going back to it several times to keep up with the debate.  I nearly made a second comment - but managed to summon the willpower to delete it halfway through.

The thing is, the time I wasted on reading, commenting on and following the debate on that blog post would have been enough to have very nearly half completed the blog post of my own that I abandoned.   Am I the only person who does this?  It is really perverse behaviour.  Cutting out the good to concentrate on the great is a really sound principle. But when I try to put it into practice it often turns out to result in giving up the good to concentrate on the trivial.

I sometimes wonder if there is any hope for me.

http://personaldevlopmentforsensiblepeople.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/giving-up-social-media-for-month-post.html

No comments:

Post a Comment