Sunday 9 August 2015

Giving Up Social Media Diary Day 3

6.20 And to my surprise I wake up with no desire to check my Twitter feed. I have other things that are more important to me right now. I wasn't expecting to get into this frame of mind so quickly.


9.00 So what I am learning is that my social media activities have a much bigger fingerprint on what I am thinking about than I previously realised.  Normally, this being the weekend I would have spent easily the first two and a half hours of today following up news stories and interesting titbits I found on Twitter or Facebook. Great fun, and not an entire waste of time.  But this morning I have focused on some writing I have been working on for some time which will form part of a post in the future.  This seems more wholesome.

17:10 Just had a lapse and commented on a blog about politics.  Dragged myself away, but the damage was done.  I have posted something.  I am now desperate to return to the site and see if anyone has responded.  First major willpower lapse.  Let's hope it's the last.

22.38 Desperate to get back on Twitter. Resisting.

Social Media Diary Day 4

No comments:

Post a Comment