Monday 10 August 2015

Giving Up Social Media Diary Day 4

7.20 Sunday morning is my peak time for social media usage - combined with catching up with politics via the Sunday papers and Radio 4. One of the effects of my social media fast is that I feel less engaged with current affairs. This is making the morning rather refreshingly different.


8.35 So what do I do with a Sunday morning with no social media? The obvious thing to do is create something instead. I'll do some work on my long neglected review of the Hobbit.

10:50 Just got a blog post out.  It was one that has been kicking around my todo list for a while now, so I am glad I have finally released it into the wild.  Although messing around on social media is more fun, getting content produced is more satisfying.  I have compounded my lapse from last night by returning to the thread to see if anyone has commented on my comment.  But I am glad I did, because nobody has.  If  I weren't on this experiment I would probably have checked half a dozen times by now.  And I would probably have added at least one more comment as well.  All good fun stuff, but I now realise I would have been sacrificing getting a blog post out.

12.15 I really really want to go onto Twitter and see if anyone has responded to my post saying I won't be on Twitter for 30 days.  Of course, it wouldn't be logical for them to do so, because I have made it clear I am not going to be there.  It would also ruin my experiment.  Be firm!

Giving Up Social Media Diary Day 5

No comments:

Post a Comment