Saturday 8 August 2015

Giving Up Social Media Diary Day 2



6.15 For years the first thing I have done in the morning is to check my Twitter feed.  It feels a bit like being a Borg unit cut off from the collective this morning. Still I used the time to finish off and publish a blog post on which I have been working for a while, so that was good.


19.03 So I have got through normal working day without resorting to social media. I have a lot of cravings, but not as bad as yesterday. I am noticeably getting more things done. I switch from one task to another more quickly. That's the main driver of my increased productivity. I am still devoting a lot of brain power to thinking up what kind of things that I would normally share. What is the with a good I could not resist scheduling it for after my 30 day trial. The rest I've managed to forget about. It was hard though.

I am beginning to realise that I was spending rather more effort on social media than I was consciously aware of. Even without actually interacting directly with it, it is still sucking my attention away from other things.

Giving Up Social Media Diary Day 3

No comments:

Post a Comment