Saturday 24 May 2014

Getting the Most Done With Your Time Part 2


This first day of my experiment is easing myself into it gently by looking at one of the easiest factors.  Do regular breaks help?   I haven't worked out the details of my experimental design yet so the idea is that this should work as a stand alone experiment in its own right and will also form part of my larger experiment later.

So today's protocol will be -

Factor                         Condition
Time or Task Goal        Time
Affirmations                   No
Regular Breaks              No
Batching                         No
Keeping tidy                  Yes

I haven't decided exactly on how I am going to quantify the outputs, and this will be one of the goals of today's protocol.  I have a feeling that there might be different ways of measuring my productivity that might affect how well the different protocols work.  I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Postscript - today's results

I think I will have to use a simple rating scale to assess how well a particular protocol went.  Today was a pretty okay day achievement wise.  I go to bed with my office in better order than it was yesterday and with fewer jobs on my list than when I started.  I wouldn't say I was mega impressed but it was certainly better than a lot.  I'll give a rating of 7.



Photo credit: net_efekt via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment