Thursday 22 May 2014

Virtue of the Day - Patience

Some Projects Just Need Patience

I have just finished a rather pleasant breakfast of fried up leftovers from last night's dinner.  It is 8.15am.  Ideally I should have booked in a solid hour's writing/blogging and a further hour on solid billable work.  In fact I have done 15 minutes and 30 minutes respectively despite having got out of bed at 6.00am as planned.


It would be easy to start beating myself up for not meeting my goal.  But I have given myself the whole of May to work on this habit and it is still only half way through.  The good thing is I am sort of past the pain threshold now.  I am allowing myself to get up when I feel like it at weekends, so I haven't made the 6.00am rise an everyday thing.  I might have done better to do so, but I don't want to be too disruptive in this particular habit creation.  I have only had one oversleeping incident so far.

The virtue I need to cultivate here is patience.  I need to keep at it morning after morning.  Okay so I only managed 45 minutes out of a target of 120 this morning, but that is still 45 minutes more than I was managing last month.  I am already in a position of having blog posts scheduled in advance on three of my four blogs, albeit I am only barely ahead.  I can see my e-mail inbox getting smaller.  I really need to get some progress on the 'number of invoices sent' metric, but I can see how that is coming along.

So basically the virtue I need to practice is patience.  I am coaxing myself into a more productive set of habits but I am human so I need to give myself time to get to where I want, indeed need, to be.  


 Photo credit: blinkingidiot via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment