Friday 9 May 2014

Today's Strategic Plan



I'll be doing a strategic plan every day in May.  I think it makes most sense to do them in a hardback notebook, using pencil.  But I will do this first one as a blog post.  The exact format is one of the things I will be working on during this month of experimentation.  So here is the first iteration.


1. Restate long term goals.
2. Identify priorities.
3. Draw up goals for the day.
4. Review calendar in light of today's goals.  Make sure end of work period is identified.

So my long term goals are two successful businesses, one of which pays for my current life and the other to be sold to provide funds for retirement. (The actual numbers are important of course).

Today's priorities are finishing some jobs that need to be dispatched, finishing a piece of writing that is essentially complete but which needs rejigging in the light of the customer's comments, finishing and invoicing two small jobs, invoicing another completed job and getting the guts of a big job completed.

I also need to visit a supermarket and dispose of some rubbish at the local dump.

Target is to work 10 hours today - including the planning and recording of what I have done and analysis of it and the shopping etc.  That may not meet everyone's definition of work but it consumes everyone's definition of time and reducing the time devoted to it will increase my productivity.

Wish me luck. Photo credit: Ali Nassiri via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment