Sunday 11 May 2014

Early Rising Update II



The Bank Holiday and a trip damaged the development of my early rising habit development programme rather more than I had hoped, intended or expected.  But I am climbing back on the wagon now.  It is rather a glorious feeling to tapping away at a blog post this early in the morning - it is just gone half past six -knowing that this is the second bit of writing of the day and that I have already had a run.


The question is of course whether this is genuine extra time to get to my goals quicker or whether I will simply pay the price for it later in the day with reduced productivity due to tiredness.  Well I have had a couple of lay ins over the last few days either intentionally or because my willpower wasn't up to parr.   They didn't prove to be great days of achievement when I finally did get mobile.

One thing I am sure about already, is you feel a lot worse about looking back on wasted time mid-morning if you get up earlier than you do looking back on a wasted time at lunchtime if you get up later.  Whether this translates into greater motivation I don't yet know.

But I think we need a longer timescale of observations before concluding anything.  But for now, early rising at least is very enjoyable once you get over that actually getting out of bed bit.


Photo credit: Extra Medium via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment